Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Graf #5 reaction to I-search brainstorm sample

My first reaction to this sample is WTF ( what the fuck) does Goldfine want me to do with this? How is this going to help me write the best I-search paper Goldfine has ever seen?

I wish I had this many interests. My mind is stuck on: Making money, work, god, school, food, beer, my family, the election and of course sex. I see the process find topics, narrow the field until you find the right topic and strike. It kind of reminds me of dating.

I look at this sample and wonder how I could write a paper on any of these topics. They seem so simple, even lacking substance. If there is one think I have learned it's that there is more then meets the eye.

My previous learning experiences have not been anything to brag about so I will try this concept and see what happens. I'm enjoying this class thus far and I'm sure this is another tool that will help with my writing. I really hope that I will be able to come up with a great topic that will allow for a great paper.

In my head right now I'm sifting through multiple topics and wondering how good they would be for an I-search.

More to come! My brain is in overdrive as we speak. Time to move on to the I-search brainstorm, it's like hurricane Issac in my head.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finding a topic is like dating! You want a hottie!

    Writing the paper...like marriage. Sometimes it's hard work, sometimes it's fun. Sometimes students want a d-i-v-o-r-c-e on the grounds of irreconcilable differences. Sometimes students run off with a younger, cuter topic without even telling the old topic....

    ReplyDelete