Thursday, September 20, 2012

Intro graf #1 cause essay

Gun Control

About two years ago I bought my first Pistol, a black Smith & Wesson .45 caliber M&P. I had many guns. Rifles and shotguns I used for hunting and trap shooting, but not a handgun. I had always wanted one and finally I had one, but I was not nearly as excited to tell me wife about my new purchase. 

Why the hell did you buy that thing? She asked. Well, I needed it. Give me three good reasons why you need a handgun in my house. Well OK I will and at that moment I had nothing, not one single reason That would wipe that smug wife look from her face. I knew I had reasons for buying it, but what would satisfy my wife and mother of three? Amy I got the gun for you and the kids, for protection, and because I can! Oh really explain that for me will yeah?

1 comment:

  1. I like the opening of this very much and the back and forth dialogue with your wife--that's what I mean when I talk about individualizing material.

    ReplyDelete