Monday, September 24, 2012

Graf #14 I-Search Plan


I-Search Plan A

I will search the Internet for creditable sources and help sites. I think this will point me in the direction of some good groups and organizations. Most of these I suspect will be for landlords and tenants. 

I have some real estate related books I will skim through, but I fear they will be of little help answering my questions. 

I don't think my questions are yes or no type questions nor is there a right or wrong answer to most. I will need to sift through the information and opinions collected in order to reach a consensus. 

Because I feel like the answers to my questions are opinion based the bulk of my research will be conducted through informal interviews with local landlords and tenants. (If approved by Mr. Goldfine.)

I plan on talking with three landlords and six tenants. I also plan to speak with the town manager of Winterport and a local lawyer. 

I feel it is important to get information from local people since my business is local rather than from web sites from around the country that may not speak volumes or relate to Maine.

My goal will be to have completed all research including interviews by the end of October at the latest. I will then interpret my findings and begin writing my I-search paper. 

The only issue I can foresee is scheduling conflicts and a possible unwillingness of interviewees to meet. Lucky for me I'm good with people and there are a lot of landlords and tenants in the greater Bangor area. By allocating such a large amount of time for research I should be able to overcome any of these issues and find other available interviewees if need be. 

I am really looking forward to meeting with tenants and landlords alike and comparing there views.



1 comment:

  1. Sounds fine--here are some unusual online possibilities--groups, videos, blogs you might want to explore:

    https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en&fromgroups#!forum/landlord-and-tenant-issues

    https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en&fromgroups#!forum/landlord-house

    https://www.google.com/search?tbm=vid&hl=en&source=hp&biw=1344&bih=732&q=landlord+tenant+dispute&gbv=2&oq=landlord+te&gs_l=video-hp.1.0.0l5j0i5l3.2661.10408.0.13643.19.12.4.3.1.0.140.1368.1j11.12.0...0.0...1ac.1._qhB2PyIfEk

    http://www.google.com/blogsearch?hl=en

    (Type in 'landlord' or 'landlord tenant' in that last one to find a bunch of material.

    ReplyDelete