Friday, August 31, 2012

graf #4 reaction

All through high school and my first attempt in college not one English teacher ever cared about what I wrote. All they cared about was grammar, punctuation and a completed assignment to grade. It feels good to finally have a teacher who not only cares about what I write, but how well I write it. I believe that anything worth doing is worth doing right. I'm pleased that Mr. Goldfine wants to help me improve my writing because I have never had that before. It may seem funny, but I'm surprised that he cares enough about my writing and writing in general to take the time to create an advice to writers page.

 All of these questions are questions I have asked myself each time I must complete a writing assignment. I ask them not in hopes of finding an answer, guidance or a way to complete the essay,but out of anger and frustration. As I read these questions I see them in a different light. I see a way to relax and develop a piece of writing. Maybe its because I'm not 18 anymore. I think asking myself these questions will help me write a better paper with less stress and pressure, with the end result being a paper I'm proud of and people actually want to read. I will still feel pressure to please my teacher, but also pressure to complete good quality work. My goal for this class is now writing something and saying "I don't want to hear any negative comments about this, pal. I think it's a damn fine job Goldfine."

2 comments:

  1. "I ask them not in hopes of finding an answer...."

    Truth: the answers only come from putting words on the screen. Writing is something you do, not something you really think about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the more I think about writing the less I get done, but if I just write I can fill up the page.

    ReplyDelete