Monday, October 1, 2012

Graf # 15 Meta-Graf


I wrote my cause essay in my bedroom, sitting on my couch next to Merlin my cat. He would stare at me and the lap top as I wrote. I think he was more interested then I. I kept pausing to watch one of my shows, and at commercial break back to typing. I write all of my papers with my lap top sitting on my kids 2X2 plastic, Fisher Price white and blue table. It is the perfect height and they don't really need it anyway, right?

I had just finished my quarterly gun cleaning session and was pondering different topics for this cause essay. Would you believe it the topic was sitting right in front of me and the material was yelling at me from down stairs, "dinners ready." my wife called.

I got through the intro and waited for comments from Goldfine. "This is not a hopeless topic at all, but it's not an easy one either." he wrote. I thought he knew me by now, I always take the path less traveled. I thought to myself okay Jeremy get your shit together and show Goldfine you got this. Needless to say this was my motivation for the piece.

I really wanted to preach and infuse my views and values into the paper, but I also knew that Goldfine wanted me to personalize the paper so I backed off a little. I really just wrote about the conversation my wife and I had about my gun purchase, minus all the bad things she called me. It would have been comical, but I didn't want to give the wrong impression of my dearest wife not to mention she reads every paper I write. Love you honey!



2 comments:

  1. "I write all of my papers with my lap top sitting on my kids 2X2 plastic, Fisher Price white and blue table"

    That is an image it will be hard to shake!

    :)

    Thanks for the insights into your writing process--helpful for me as teacher certainly and maybe for you as student too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm laughing my ass off right now. I thought you might like the Fisher Price part. Don't shake it, embrace it. Reflection is defiantly powerful great idea.

    ReplyDelete