Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Example Essay Intro revised


In August of 1982 I was born, a healthy little boy 7 pounds, 7 ounces and 21 inches long. As first time parents my mom and dad were very proud and happy to have a healthy child. Little did they know that their little boy had a serious illness hidden deep under his skin, unseen by the naked eye. It would take almost five years of constant ear infections and illness before they realized something very serious was wrong with their bundle of joy. "Cholesteatoma" Dr. Christopher Daniels of Concord Otolaryngology said to my parents in 1987. Cholesteatoma a word my parents had never heard before, but would never again forget.
Cholesteatoma a disease that would be my biggest adversary for over thirty years. Life before and after this disease has proven very difficult and I have had a lot of struggles to overcome. Some of these struggles included finishing my traditional education and attending college, learning and completing basic life skills, and the physical, mental, and emotional toll it has taken on me.

2 comments:

  1. So you're going to give three examples of your fight with cholesteatoma? Three examples of bad moments in the fight? Three examples of triumphant moments? The graf is fine so far as it goes, but it needs to point the reader to what we will be reading examples of.

    ReplyDelete