Monday, December 3, 2012

reaction to my essays and grafs. Graft #20


When I started this class I was not very happy because I had previously taken an essay writing class at Keene State College and I thought that credit should transfer. I was not a big fan of writing and always had a rough time with English classes. I was totally overwhelmed at first with the thought of writing over 25 papers for this class.

 The writing assignments started off small and were all about us and our backgrounds. I liked these assignments a lot and found it to be a great way to ease into writing papers. We moved on into more in depth grafs and then into full 5 paragraph essays. These were a little harder, took more time, and needed preparation. I was very happy with all of my Essays. I feel that all of my papers were a direct reflection of myself and my views. I really liked taking my personal experiences and putting them down on paper for me to relive and for others to enjoy. I think during this class I found a since of peace with my writing, and was able to better develop my writing as well.

The piece I am most proud of was the object paper where I wrote about my PEPE. I still have in my possession his last drivers licence. With this item in hand I wrote all about him and my memories of him. It was the piece I'm most attached to and spent the most time on. This is mostly because I spent as much time crying my eyes out as I did writing.

The other piece that I'm in love with is the place paper I wrote about my wife and the day we wed. This piece is important to me because other than my children she is the most important person in my life and I'm so happy that God chose to bless me with her as my wife.

The only paper I have left to submit is my final draft of my I-search which I am very happy with. I find myself here in the last week or so of classes and for the first time in my college career actually looking forward to our final paper. I have found joy in what I once despised (writing) and I have Mr. Goldfine to thank for that. It may sound corny or like I'm kissing ass, but unlike most people I know I find extreme joy in overcoming my fears, and short comings. So all I have left to say is Thank You!  




2 comments:

  1. I suspected from the start that you had your doubts and demons, but I also saw you struggling against them every assignment, never handing in a half-assed job, never procrastinating, never letting your demons undermine you. And I saw how you began to slay the dragons and--justifiably--start to get a kick out of your own material. And, believe me, a student who is getting confident and kicking ass is a whole lot easier on the teacher than one dragging his feet and miserable.

    In other words, we had a win/win situation for you and for me both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My lifestyle has been one great large joke, a dance that’s walked a song that’s spoke, I giggle so challenging I virtually choke when I think about myself.

    --------------------------------------
    wool exports | cotton exports | milk exports

    ReplyDelete